Monday, June 21, 2010

The First Blog.

Well, well, well. So this is blogging. Writing your inner most feeling and views on things from the privacy of your own home for all the world to see. The wonders of the modern world and easy to access internet sites that encourage us to have a voice. This is going to be one interesting first blog. No ones ever let me ramble before so here it goes. The topic for this lovely night blog will be individuality. I'm the Illogical Thinker and this is my blog.

Now everyone likes to think that they are their own person and that no one holds enough power over them to influence their choices. The question is, is it really possible to be an original, uninfluenced you? I would have to say that's a no. These days it's impossible to even buy a kitchen towel without having your t.v. bombard you with all the possible choices there are like Viva Paper Towels or the Shamwow! Don't even get me started on that Shamwow guy. He's too hyped up about a super absorbant micro-fibre towel if you ask me. SHAM-WOW! =_=" So my main point here is that the media has too much power over what people are thinking now days. There are so many "choices" to be made. Like what shirt you should buy, what celebrity is hottest and that you should tell the Australian Government that their mining tax is stupid. Everywhere we look there are things being promoted telling you that you should buy this and that. Telling us what we should do. We're all lured in by the pretty pictures and stand out colour scheme. I'm guilty of being sucked in just as most people are. Sometimes with the overwhelming onslaught of ad campaigns it's just hard to say no. We get told what to do and not to do by the people who dictate ad campaigns. You can blow a kiss goodbye to originality. It disappeared the day you decided to wear that mass produced shirt from whatever shop you go to.

Then again originality is a whole different thing from individuality. I think it's impossible to be totally original these days but it is still possible to be an individual. Originality is about doing something and being something that no ones ever thought of before and let's face it most of the really good (and even the bad) ideas have been thought of already. But individuality is something everyone has. It's about how you present everything about you. The way you look, how you act, what you feel. That's something you decide on. It's not something someone can decide for you. Yes other people can tell you what to do but it's your choice whether you follow what they say or not. It's called free will. Other things may influence what you do but in the end you, YES YOU, decide what you do with what you have. In a way it's still your own because no one thinks like you or is you for that matter. DON'T CONFORM TO THE NORM! Well what society sees as the norm anyway. FIGHT THE POWER!

And on that note I will like to tell you of an interesting little chat me and my friend (who I will call chocolate cake in my blogs, if there are more blogs to come)had today. It went a little like this,
ChocolateCake: OMG he's ignoring me!
IllogicalThinker: Maybe he has a good reason...
ChocolateCake: But... *insert over acting crying emoticon here*
IllogicalThinker: Don't you think you're going a little bit overboard there?
ChocolateCake: NO
IllogicalThinker: ...
ChocolateCake: Okay maybe a little bit but still
IllogicalThinker: Okay drama queen loosen up a bit
ChocolateCake: Fine then...
IllogicalThinker: I feel really stupid today
ChocolateCake: Why?
IllogicalThinker: I can't control my feelings... it's driving me insane... I don't think anyone could like me for me...
ChocolateCake: Will you shut up? And you say I over react... Stop being stupid okay. You can talk to me you know. I'm sure someone would like you. You're unique and a great person. A good friend. But stupid sometimes.
IllogicalThinker: Thanks...
A little dramatised but you get the drift. Sometimes when you aren't feeling so good about yourself as a person, it takes someone else to show you all the good points so you don't just look at the flaws you see in yourself. Why is that anyway? That we can see our own faults perfectly but the ones of others not so easily? Humans are weird creatures I say but hey that's how we were made. Maybe we still have a bit to evolve. Who knows. Well be POSITIVE and never lose hope is what my friend always says. Wise words right there. And don't ask me how our chat went from being about the guy she liked to me being douchey because I really don't know.

Any how thank you for reading the first blog from me, the Illogical Thinker. Until next time Buenos Noches Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment