Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Emotion is like the light spectrum, it's vast and complicated.

Lately my friends and I have been talking a lot about how we feel. I don't know if it's just me but it seems that being a teenager messes with more than just your hormones. Or maybe it's those same hormones that mess with the way you think and feel as well, it probably is. The more we think, the more we feel and the more we feel, the more complicated things get. And it's because of the added amount of emotion we put ourselves through that we end up crashing and burning. It's good to feel but too much can be straining.

So in my title for this post I compared emotion to the light spectrum, I know it sounds weird but hear me out here okay? Let's associate each emotion with a colour okay. Green for relaxed, blue for sadness, red for anger and so on and so forth. Each colour has a different wavelength distinguishing it from the others and sometimes the colours over lap and create a new colour with another wavelength totally different from the primary colours it was created from. Say blue crossed with red to create magenta. It's different, the same yet different from the original colours it was made from. Magenta is anxiety, a mix of anger and sadness. See how they relate to each other and yet they are something different entirely. I see different emotions being a base feeling and are made different when they are mixed with other feelings.

So what if love was white light? As most people who've done junior science will know white light is composed of all the different colours/wavelengths in the visible light spectrum using proportioned amounts of each. So the recipe for white light, one part blue, a sprinkling of red and a handful of green. Or one part magenta, with a cup of green. Also a pinch of cyan and a dash of red on the side. See there are many different combinations you can use to make the same thing. It's the same with love. You can't have it without having something else there on the side helping make it, making love what it is. But white light is special. Even though it is composed of a whole different bunch of colours/wavelengths it doesn't have a wavelength of it's own. It's like magic. Scratch that it is magic (I mean science), just like love (which is actual magic). It's unique and special in a way that's different to all other emotions. Even though you have other emotions associated with it, it just has that quality that out does all other feelings. I think love is special and should be cherished. You can't just disregard it and expect it to still be there. It has to be nurtured and encouraged. Whether it's platonic of romantic it is important to love as much as you are loved. You have to keep a balance just like everything else in life. I've been blessed with the love from my parents who cared for me and still care for me far too much. Yes mum I do have my lunch and no I do not hang out with the 'bad' kids at school (please could she give me more credit I don't drink, smoke or go out too much). Romantic love, well that thing is hard to find and I still haven't found it. I'm not too concerned because I'm still young, I don't expect to find it in high school and when the real thing does come along I don't plan on letting go easily. As my friend KTSB (don't ask what it means) likes to keep telling me (a.k.a. yelling at me repeatedly on msn no less), "Just be patient. I used to think love didn't exist, but that changed because I've seen love. It is real, I know. You just have to wait." Some of her finest work there. Some of her not so finest work is yelling at me and saying the right girl hasn't shown up yet because if they can't appreciate me they don't deserve me (-__-"). Giant rant on love... now where did that come from.

Back to the other emotions now. I'm going to make a list of the ones I've thought of. I don't like any of the random ones on the internet so here's my take on things.
White-Love (because it's pure)
Black-Hate (the absence of other things)
Green-Relaxed (aren't green meadows relaxing?)
Blue-Sadness (they do say are you feeling blue)
Red-Anger (it is angry)
Magenta-Anxiety/Angst (because I said so)
Yellow-Happiness (the colour of sunshine)`
Wine Red-Lust (it's random...or not. I was thinking of my friend Scarf Guy, he's a perv, though I can't blame him. That girl was attractive.)
I can't think of anymore at the moment. My brain died half way through this blog so if I haven't been blogging coherently forgive me. What colour would you be right now? Chocolate Cake would be magenta for angst and anxiety right now. This blog about emotion just resulted in a rant about love. I'm a hopeless romantic on the inside I guess.

Emotions ARE important. They're what make us live life to the fullest. Would you really be able to experience life truly if you didn't feel things like love, happiness, anger or fear? You can't say emotion is just a chemical process in your brain, it's so much more than that. We aren't robots.

That turned out better than I thought. Thank you to the people who have read this. I appreciate the time you take to read through my ramblings. Many thanks to Chocolate Cake and KTSB who helped me with this blog (by yelling at me on some occasions). I hope this wasn't too long for you guys to read. Wow i've posted everyday for three days LOL. Maybe I'll lay off for a while. Anyway thank you for joining me the Illogical Thinker on this rant journey. Until the next one, Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment